7in7 is looking for our first-ever marketing apprentice! We’re looking for someone who can give 3-5 hours per week from August – October, 2018.
Complete newbie or #wannabenomad? We’d love for you to apply!
Applications are due by August 15th, 2018.
Update: We are no longer accepting new applications. Have you been location independent for some time? Apply to volunteer at this year’s conference!
Why We’re Doing This
The 7in7 team puts on a conference for experienced nomads, but we also want to help new people get into the lifestyle. As a core team of three volunteers organizing an entire conference, we could also use some help!
So we came up with the idea of an apprenticeship.
We want to coach an individual who wants to become a digital nomad (or a newbie nomad who needs some help navigating location independent life) so they form a solid foundation for their digital nomad life. And we get a bit of support in return!
Meet your mentors:
Kit Whelan. Kit’s been running a location independent digital marketing consultancy for ten years, working with everyone from B2B tech firms to luxury hotels. She came out of the ad agency world and now focuses on strategy, content, and social media marketing. She has no home base and loves being a total nomad.
Nick Schneble. Nick’s been coding for over 20 years. As a nomadic software engineer, he’s worked with major brands like Disney and Adobe, but now focuses his energy as an indie app developer. He prides himself on his minimalism and loves to nurture creativity.
Kyrie Melnyck. Kyrie ran major corporate events for years before becoming a nomad. She worked on Buffer’s remote team before going back to her roots and founding her own event consulting business. She loves fostering connections through community.
Who We’re Looking For
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other marginalized groups are encouraged to apply!
This isn’t some boring, vanilla internship. We want someone early in their nomadic career who wants to guarantee their location independence for the rest of their life. You’ll obviously be helping us grow, and in return we’ll help mentor you into a fierce nomad tour de force.
About the Conference
Our apprentice will be an extension of the core 7in7 team, and help us literally create the stage for the one-on-one conversations that are the most important part of 7in7. Please check out past years to get a sense of what we’re looking to accomplish:
There’s a lot to do. Here’s some areas where we’ll need your help:
- Outreach to partners, potential attendees
- Research on potential speakers
- Blog posts (we’ll make good use of those Canva and writing skills!)
Things to Know
Things to know about a 7in7 apprenticeship:
- There’ll twice-monthly video check-ins. The 7in7 team has a standing weekly meeting, and you’ll be joining us every other week. After the agenda, one call per month will focus on you helping 7in7, and the other will focus on us helping you!
- It’s okay to be inexperienced. We require all attendees and volunteers to have been location independent for at least one year, but the point of this apprenticeship is to help graduate someone into that year of experience. Whether you’re a few months into your nomad journey, just getting started, or interested in becoming location independent, we want to hear from you.
- We want to get to know you. If we like your application, you’ll have a call with a member of our team where we’ll talk to you more about why you’d like to get involved with 7in7 and what you have to contribute.
- We love sticking to a clear schedule. If accepted, you’ll be asked to sign an agreement to participate in 7in7 Year Three. Apprentices will be expected to adhere to a schedule that includes weekly tasks and deliverables.
We believe in compensating people for their work. 7in7 is a community event run entirely by an all-volunteer team (yup, even the founders!) so sadly we don’t have a financial budget.
- Two all-access tickets to 7in7 Year Three in Medellín, Colombia. Two days of main stage events, three days of workshops, meetups, kickoff festivities, and a closing night party are yours to enjoy. A US$1158 value. Share the other ticket with your partner, BFF, or a total stranger!
- A meal stipend of US$100 to use for food and drink during 7in7. We want to make sure you’re well fed and hydrated! The stipend should cover about 65 cups of cold brew.
- A monthly coaching call with the 7in7 founders. Want to pursue social media consulting, coding and app development, event planning, or simply improve your nomad skills? Our experience and expertise is at your disposal. We’ll do everything in our power to take you from nomad newbie to a confident location independent badass.
I GOT IT – LET’S DO THIS!
We’ll notify applicants of their status on a rolling basis. Look out for our emails! As a reminder, please only apply if you can give 3-5 hours per week from August – October, 2018.
Applications are due by August 15th, 2018.
Update: We are no longer accepting new applications.