The 7in7 crew is prepping for our community to get together once again after three long years apart. And now it’s time for one of the most important parts of the event: attendee-created meetups!
Aerial yoga sessions, travel hacking skillshares, LGBTQ karaoke nights, cat cafe hangouts, masterminding, day trips, hikes overlooking the city, craft brewery tastings, and of course our annual nomad brunch – this is where some of the most fun happens at 7in7!
If you can think it, you can host it.
Any 7in7er – attendees, speakers, volunteers – can create & attend meetups. And we’re here to help you make one!
Who can host a meetup?
Any 7in7er! Meetups are hosted by 7in7 attendees, speakers, workshoppers, panelists, volunteers, apprentices, and founders.
How do I create one?
If you have a 7in7 ticket, go to 7in7.co/meetups and sign in (set your password using the “Reset Your Passphrase” and the email address that your 7in7 ticket confirmation went to). You’ll just need to enter the date, time, location + description, and you’re done!
What should it be about?
That’s up to you! Whether you want to gather fellow introverted nomads, find some people to play board games with you, meet up with your new LGBTQIA community, host a group of entrepreneur developers, or find a friend to join you at the local vegan cafe – whatever you can imagine, you can find your people.
You can also use this as an opportunity to lead a small workshop, do a skillshare, or promote your work in other ways!
When can I host it?
You can host it anytime during the conference from September 7-13, or even before and after those dates, but it’s best not to conflict with any of the major events. Here are the absolute best times to host a meetup:
- September 4-6: Many 7in7ers will be in town, but there are no official events on these days!
- Wednesday September 7: Anytime before 6pm
- Thursday September 8: 7am-10am, 3pm-10pm (workshop day – some people will be busy from 10am-11:30am and 1pm-2:30pm)
- Friday September 9: 7-10am, 3:30pm-10pm (workshop day – some people will be busy from 10am-11:30am and 1pm-3pm)
- Saturday September 10: After 6pm
- Sunday September 11: Between 4pm-8pm
- Monday September 12: After 12pm
- Tuesday September 12: Volunteer Opportunity times TBD
- September 13-20: Some 7in7ers will still be in town!
What information do I need to provide?
Make sure you let people know what to expect – if they need to pay for something (like a ticket to a show or a meal) or bring anything (like a laptop or notebook). You can add a payment link directly to your meetup!
And definitely make sure they know where they’re going: post the name & map location of the meetup location along with any landmarks, and who they’re looking for (ex: “We’ll meet in front of the cafe” or “I’ll be the person in the green shirt!”).
Where should I host it?
Montréal is a city full of parks, cafes, bars, and restaurants. There are endless places to meet, so we’ve compiled our favorites on this map and listed a few below to help you out! Feel free to use Google or local meetup groups to find some of the endless options in this beautiful city!
- Dispatch Coffee – 7in7’s favorite coffee shop! They have a few large tables for groups of 4-6.
- St-Viateur Bagel & Café Mont-Royal – the best bagels in the world & a few small tables for intimate gatherings.
- Café Tuyo – Cozy spot with vegan treats and a good number of tables.
- MOLLIE Tapas Bar – One of our favorite restaurants, with indoor seating and an outdoor patio, and great food & drinks!
- Le Colonel Moutarde – A great board game bar! Tables for 4-6.
- Fitzroy – Cool bar/restaurant with pool tables, foosball, and other games. Be warned: there are a few flights of stairs to get here.
- Time Out Market Montréal – A huge food hall in downtown with space and food options for everyone.
- Le Central – Another big food hall in downtown!
- Parc La Fontaine – A lovely park for picnics or walking off your poutine!
- Montréal CoWork – Our venue for workshops & the main stage, and a great place to meet! They have a cafe, an outdoor rooftop, and plenty of rooms to rent.
- Parc du Mont-Royal – Gorgeous mountain in the middle of the city. Get lost on forest paths or enjoy beautiful overlooks with city views! There’s even a cafe up here. Be warned: it’s a bit of a hike, but you can take a rideshare to the top.
Got any other questions? Shoot us an email and we’ll get back to you ASAP!